Telegram messenger for Android
Creating your Telegram Application
We welcome all developers to use our API and source code to create applications on our platform. There are several things we require from all developers for the moment.
- Obtain your own api_id for your application.
- Please do not use the name Telegram for your app — or make sure your users understand that it is unofficial.
- Kindly do not use our standard logo (white paper plane in a blue circle) as your app's logo.
- Please study our security guidelines and take good care of your users' data and privacy.
- Please remember to publish your code too in order to comply with the licences.
API, Protocol documentation
Telegram API manuals: http://core.telegram.org/api
MTproto protocol manuals: http://core.telegram.org/mtproto
Beware of using the dev branch and uploading it to any markets, in many cases it not will work as expected.
First of all, take a look at src/main/java/org/telegram/messenger/BuildVars.java and fill it with correct values. Import the root folder into your IDE (tested on Android Studio), then run project.
We moved all translations to https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/telegram/. Please use it.