Welcome to openpilot
openpilot is an open source driving agent.
Currently it performs the functions of Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) and Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS) for Hondas and Acuras. It's about on par with Tesla Autopilot at launch, and better than all other manufacturers.
The openpilot codebase has been written to be concise and enable rapid prototyping. We look forward to your contributions - improving real vehicle automation has never been easier.
Right now openpilot supports the neo research platform for vehicle control. We'd like to support other platforms as well.
Install openpilot on a neo device by entering
https://openpilot.comma.ai during NEOS setup.
Acura ILX 2016 with AcuraWatch Plus
- Due to use of the cruise control for gas, it can only be enabled above 25 mph
Honda Civic 2016 with Honda Sensing
- Due to limitations in steering firmware, steering is disabled below 12 mph
Honda CR-V Touring 2015-2016 (very alpha!)
- Can only be enabled above 25 mph
- cereal -- The messaging spec used for all logs on the phone
- common -- Library like functionality we've developed here
- opendbc -- Files showing how to interpret data from cars
- panda -- Code used to communicate on CAN and LIN
- phonelibs -- Libraries used on the phone
- selfdrive -- Code needed to drive the car
- assets -- Fonts for ui
- boardd -- Daemon to talk to the board
- car -- Code that talks to the car and implements CarInterface
- common -- Shared C/C++ code for the daemons
- controls -- Python controls (PID loops etc) for the car
- debug -- Tools to help you debug and do car ports
- logcatd -- Android logcat as a service
- loggerd -- Logger and uploader of car data
- proclogd -- Logs information from proc
- radar -- Code that talks to the radar and implements RadarInterface
- sensord -- IMU / GPS interface code
- test/plant -- Car simulator running code through virtual maneuvers
- ui -- The UI
- visiond -- embedded vision pipeline
To understand how the services interact, see
Testing on PC
There is rudimentary infrastructure to run a basic simulation and generate a report of openpilot's behavior in different scenarios.
# Requires working docker ./run_docker_tests.sh
The results are written to
More extensive testing infrastructure and simulation environments are coming soon.
Adding Car Support
comma.ai offers bounties for adding additional car support.
CR-V Touring support came in through this program. Chevy Volt is close. Accord is close as well.
User Data / chffr Account / Crash Reporting
By default openpilot creates an account and includes a client for chffr, our dashcam app. We use your data to train better models and improve openpilot for everyone.
It's open source software, so you are free to disable it if you wish.
It logs the road facing camera, CAN, GPS, IMU, magnetometer, thermal sensors, crashes, and operating system logs. It does not log the user facing camera or the microphone.
We welcome both pull requests and issues on github. See the TODO file for a list of good places to start.
Want to get paid to work on openpilot? comma.ai is hiring
openpilot is released under the MIT license.
THIS IS ALPHA QUALITY SOFTWARE FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY. THIS IS NOT A PRODUCT. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPLYING WITH LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. NO WARRANTY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED.