HTML5 Boilerplate is a professional front-end template for building fast, robust, and adaptable web apps or sites.
This project is the product of many years of iterative development and combined community knowledge. It does not impose a specific development philosophy or framework, so you're free to architect your code in the way that you want.
- Homepage: https://html5boilerplate.com
- Source: https://github.com/h5bp/html5-boilerplate
- Twitter: @h5bp
Choose one of the following options:
- Download the latest stable release from html5boilerplate.com or create a custom build using Initializr.
- Clone the git repo —
git clone https://github.com/h5bp/html5-boilerplate.git- and checkout the tagged release you'd like to use.
- HTML5 ready. Use the new elements with confidence.
- Designed with progressive enhancement in mind.
- Placeholder CSS Media Queries.
- Useful CSS helper classes.
- Default print styles, performance optimized.
- An optimized version of the Google Universal Analytics snippet.
- Protection against any stray
- "Delete-key friendly." Easy to strip out parts you don't need.
- Extensive inline and accompanying documentation.
- Chrome (latest 2)
- Edge (latest 2)
- Firefox (latest 2)
- Internet Explorer 8+
- Opera (latest 2)
- Safari (latest 2)
This doesn't mean that HTML5 Boilerplate cannot be used in older browsers, just that we'll ensure compatibility with the ones mentioned above.
If you need legacy browser support (IE 6+, Firefox 3.6+, Safari 4+) you can use HTML5 Boilerplate v4, but is no longer actively developed.
Take a look at the documentation table of contents. This documentation is bundled with the project, which makes it readily available for offline reading and provides a useful starting point for any documentation you want to write about your project.
Hundreds of developers have helped make the HTML5 Boilerplate what it is today. Anyone and everyone is welcome to contribute, however, if you decide to get involved, please take a moment to review the guidelines:
The code is available under the MIT license.