a google reader clone built with go on app engine and angularjs
setting up a local dev environment
- Install Python 2.7 and make sure it is in your
PATH. (Google App Engine doesn't yet work with Python 3.)
- Install Git and Mercurial and make sure
hgare in your
- Install the Go App Engine SDK.
- Set your
GOPATH(to something like
/home/user), and make sure it's a directory that exists. (Note: set this on your machine's environment, not in the go.bat file.)
- Further commands use
goappwhich lives in the
go_appenginedirectory from the SDK. Make sure it's in your
- Download goread and dependencies by running:
goapp get -d github.com/mjibson/goread. You may get messages about unrecognized imports. Ignore them.
- In the
cd ..from the command above), copy
- From the
appdirectory, start the app with
goapp serve. (On Windows, you may need to do this instead:
python C:\go_appengine\dev_appserver.py app.yaml.)
- View at localhost:8080, admin console at localhost:8000.
alt+cto show the miniprofiler window.
cto clear all feeds and stories, remove all your subscriptions, and reset your unread date.
self host on production app engine servers
- Set up a local dev environment as described above.
- Create a new app engine application.
app.yaml, change the first line to contain the name of the application you just created.
- From the
appdirectory, deploy with