Switchboard is a framework for processing email. It consists of a core that maintains a connection to an IMAP server and routes event notifications to a set of workers. The workers interact with the IMAP server through a simple API exposed by the Switchboard core.
- Totally open source — developers can extend Switchboard or use the API to create workers specific to their product.
- Switchboard handles the boilerplate, leaving the logic to you — Switchboard frees you from the plumbing of server-side email monitoring and fetching, allowing you to focus on your products and services.
- You deploy it — by running persistent processes on your own server, Switchboard can help you avoid mobile OS backgrounding restrictions and heavy battery consumption, freeing up the client and leaving you in control.
To begin using Switchboard, refer to the website documentation. This will take you from installation, to setting up a Switchboard worker or client.
To get Switchboard up and running, take a look at the install page.
To see an example of how Switchboard can be used, see the Examples page with examples and walkthroughs on:
- Sending email push notifications
- Storing email image attachments to a Dropbox folder
To see documenation of the Switchboard core Erlang modules and functions, see the API Docs.
Switchboard may be redistributed according to the BSD 3-Clause License.
Copyright 2014, ThusFresh, Inc.