Vitess is a storage platform for scaling MySQL. It is optimized to run as effectively in cloud architectures as it does on dedicated hardware. It combines many important features of MySQL with the scalability of a NoSQL database.
It's been actively developed since 2011, and is currently used as a fundamental component of YouTube's MySQL infrastructure, serving thousands of QPS per server. If you want to find out whether Vitess is a good fit for your project, please visit vitess.io.
- Helicopter overview: high level overview of Vitess that should tell you whether Vitess is for you.
- Sharding in Vitess
- Getting Started
- Architecture: all Vitess tools and servers.
- Reparenting: performing master failover.
- Resharding: adding more shards to your cluster.
- Schema management: managing your database schema using Vitess.
Ask questions in the email@example.com discussion forum.
Subscribe to firstname.lastname@example.org for low-frequency updates like new features and releases.
Unless otherwise noted, the vitess source files are distributed under the BSD-style license found in the LICENSE file.